ROBAND AUSTRALIA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Thank you for using our websites located at www.roband.com.au and www.auto-fry.com.au (‘the Websites’). In this Privacy Statement, ‘us’, ‘we’, or ‘our’ means Roband Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 003 049 063) and its related companies (‘Roband’).
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully as it sets out how we collect, store, disclose and use your personal information. It describes our policy for dealing with personal information that we collect about people related to our business, including Roband’s employees, prospective employees and customers in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Australian Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (‘the Privacy Act’).
By using our Websites, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Roband may change, modify, add or remove the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time, and by continuing to use the Websites, you accept the terms of the Privacy Statement as it applies, and as amended from time to time without prior notification. Your continued use of the Websites after any modification to this Privacy Statement will constitute your acceptance of such modification.
This Privacy Statement details how we safeguard your personal information and our privacy obligations to you in compliance with the Privacy Act. It will give you an understanding of:
- the types of personal information Roband collects;
- how Roband uses personal information;
- how and when Roband collects, discloses, uses, stores and otherwise handles personal information;
- the purposes for which Roband collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information;
- how we store your personal information and keep it secure;
- how you may access your personal information, and seek correction of your personal information;
- how to seek access to and update your personal information;
- how you may make a complaint, and how Roband will deal with any such complaint; and
- how to contact us.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A: Personal information provided to us directly
Personal information is information that we use to identify you that may include (but is not limited to) your name, date of birth, postal address, and email address or telephone number or where your identity is reasonably apparent from the information provided.
The personal information that we collect from you when you interact with us online depends on the tasks you complete on the Websites. Your personal information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected if you don’t give us permission to use it for any other purpose.
We may, with your consent, collect personal information about you or from your authorised representatives for the purpose of providing you with our products or services, and marketing our products and services which we think may be of interest to you, or obtaining your feedback. If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to supply you with our products or services.
We may also use the personal information we collect, and you consent to us using your personal information:
- for purposes, necessary or incidental to the provision of goods and services to you
- for internal operations, such as record keeping, database management, data analytics, auditing or training
- to gain a better understanding of your requirements for us to provide you with better and more personalised information suited to your needs
- to administer and manage the services we provide
- to research and develop our products and services
- to manage and enhance our products and services
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure including testing and upgrading of these systems
- to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone
- to conduct competitions or promotions
- to run cookies on the Websites
- to verify your identity, to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity or as required or permitted by any law or regulation, including the Privacy Act.
By providing personal information to us, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and any other arrangements that apply between us.
B: Cookies and similar technologies
Non-personal information is information about you or your activities which cannot be used to personally identify you. We may collect non-personal information through your browser, through text files (cookies), applications (e.g. mobile applications), and your IP address. We use non-personal information to compile statistical information about the use of our Websites (or for maintenance purposes) which may include (but is not limited to) recording your server address, your top-level domain name, the date and time of your visit to the Websites, the pages you accessed and downloaded, the previous site you visited and the types of browser you are using.
C: Third-Party Analytics Tools and Third-Party Remarketing Tools
We also share information about your use of the Websites with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
We use third-party analytics tools to:
- analyse usage trends on the Websites including the tracking and reporting of website traffic, ad conversion tracking, traffic analysis and marketing optimisation
- collect this data in aggregate form so that it cannot identify any particular individual user.
Third-party analytics tools collect non-personal information such as how often you visit our Websites, the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other analytics data that assists us in improving our products and services. These tools might include but are not limited to:
- Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
- Google AdWords conversion tracking (Google Inc.)
- Google Tag Manager (Google Inc.)
- Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook, Inc.)
Information about Facebooks Ad conversion tracking can be located at Facebook’s Terms for Conversion Tracking.
We use third-party remarketing tools to position targeted ads to visitors that have already visited our Websites or to advertise to our customers that we already have an existing relationship with. We may use our database to create Custom Audiences on social media and online platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram to promote our campaigns.
These third-party remarketing tools might include but are not limited to:
- AdWords Remarketing (Google Inc.)
- Facebook Custom Audience (Facebook, Inc.)
- Facebook Remarketing (Facebook, Inc.)
We reserve our rights to change, modify, add or remove any third-party analytics tools and third-party remarketing tools. By using our Websites, you consent to the processing of any non-personal data these tools will collect in the way and for the purposes described above.
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may contact us in writing to amend, correct, or update the personal information that you have provided to us. We will need to obtain proof of your identity before implementing your request and may refuse to provide you with certain information where permitted or required by law. In certain circumstances, the law permits us to deny access to your personal information if:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life, safety or health of any individual or to public health or public safety;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
- access would reveal the intentions of a party in relation to negotiations or prejudice those negotiations;
- access would be unlawful; or
- access may prejudice enforcement activities or a security function.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
From time to time, it may be necessary to disclose your personal information to third parties. We will disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it for as well as purposes that are related. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the conduct of our business so that we can supply you with our products and services.
We may disclose personal information, and you may consent to us disclosing your personal information, to other members of the Roband Group (in which case, your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed, managed and stored in accordance with this policy). By providing us with personal information, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to our related entities and service providers.
If third parties act on our behalf, we ask them to hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. In addition, we will disclose your personal information if you consent to it or if the disclosure is required or authorised under law. We may also disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties, when:
- they are engaged by us to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf, such as mailouts, marketing, research and advertising
- they are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners
- they are authorised by you to receive information held by us
- as part of any investigation into you or your activity, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business.
We will disclose your personal information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security of or integrity of our Websites.
- DATA SECURITY
We have appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee the management of personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the Privacy Act. We have also taken reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised disclosure or alteration.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of your information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
You acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the Internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, or any other privacy breach please let us know immediately.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS
We may link to or otherwise make available external third-party information on the Websites.
Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites including websites that are linked to our Websites. It is the responsibility of the individual Internet user to make decisions regarding the relevance, accuracy, currency and/or reliability of information found on linked sites.
Please read the terms and policies of third-party sites before accessing or using such sites as they are not subject to Roband’s privacy standards and procedures. The inclusion of a link on our Websites does not imply any endorsement of the linked site by us.
- AMENDMENT OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
The information and material contained on the Websites is subject to change at any time, without prior notice. If any such changes are made, we will make all reasonable efforts to bring those changes to the attention of our users. An updated version of our Privacy Statement will be maintained on the Websites so that you remain aware of the data we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. The new version will become effective on the date it’s posted, which will be listed on the page as the new effective date. We encourage you to check our Websites from time to time to view our current statement.
The use of our Websites and their contents is at your own risk.
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure but to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your information. This includes (but is not limited to) loss or damage you or your clients might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the Websites or its content (including third party material and advertisements on the email or the Websites), irrespective of any verifying measures taken by us, as the material on the Websites is for general information and interest only,
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third-party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records,
- accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on the Websites or any communication from the Websites. Links are provided for the convenience of users of the Websites only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites (unless otherwise stated, linked sites and their products and services are not endorsed by Roband and your linking to any such site is at your own risk),
- the provision of credit card or other financial information, the failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any e-commerce transacted or attempted to be transacted on the Websites (if any), or
- defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
Although we take all appropriate security measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet. Please do not send sensitive or confidential information to us by email as transmission over the Internet cannot be 100% guaranteed. We assume no responsibility for any loss of confidentiality or for the security of any information that you transmit to us electronically. We make no warranties or representations, express or implied, that material on the Websites does not infringe intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world.
- CONTACTING US AND OPTING OUT
You can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact us, you can elect whether or not to provide us with personal information other than your e-mail address. The personal information you provide us will only be used for the purpose you disclosed it, for example, for answering your inquiry or for providing information about our products and services.
If we use your personal information to market and promote our products and services, you may notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by contacting us directly or through the “unsubscribe” mechanism in our marketing or promotional emails.
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and update the personal information we hold about you. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access, however, we will advise you of the likely cost in advance. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
Our contact details can be found on the Contact Us page.
We welcome feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly.
Please contact us at the email address below if you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information. If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, you can contact the department that collected your personal information in the first instance, or write to:
Roband Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 500
Dee Why NSW 2099
We will aim to resolve any complaints within 30 days.
If you remain dissatisfied, you may refer your complaint in writing to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at the following address:
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Sydney NSW 2001
© 2017 Roband Australia Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement last updated August 2017